Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Sister Love

I've never really been close with my sister.. we've never had that sibling relationship and we have never really gotten along. In late 2011 my sister, Ginelle, was diagnosed with major depressive disorder. She was in a mental hospital for a few weeks (location of the picture) and was eventually released with a list of medications to take. She seemed to get better but her illness returned with a vengeance. She is almost 21 and she has schizophrenia, making it hard for her to function normally in our social world. Not like she's really here anyways, she's out of touch with reality and I wonder if she'll ever come back. I wish I could go back to our childhood and be a better sister the past is the past, there's no reason to dwell on it when there's nothing I can do about it. If there's one thing she has taught me it's to do your best to be a good person and treat others with love and respect, you would be surprised how much your actions affect others. I love my sister to death and she's one of the people that make my life worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment